Laptop and computer have become an integral part of everyone’s day to day life. People tend to use a laptop for their personal as well as professional work. There are various brands available in the market like Acer, Dell, and HP, etc.
But out of all these models, Acer is a brand of computer systems which is very popular all across the world.
Though the computer systems are used for various purposes but sometimes to take proof of your work, to send a particular capture of the screen to someone else via mail, you may need to take the screenshot of the screen.
There may be various occasions when you need to send a screenshot to the two-third person like if you are facing a particular problem on your computer and you are asking for a solution to the other person.
In such a situation, you may need to send the screenshot of the problem so that thing that after viewing the screenshot, others can identify the problem quickly.
The other way in which a screenshot is required is when you want to share a particular funny memes conversation via WhatsApp web with your friends.
If you are also using an Acer laptop or computer system and you want to know the steps to capture the screen.
This guide will help you in understanding the steps to take a screenshot in Acer laptop. But before understanding the steps to capture the screenshot, first, we should understand what the screenshot is all about.
What do you understand by screenshot?
The screenshot is a very popular term used for a digital image of the screen.
When you want to share a particular thing with your friends or colleagues then instead of saving that particular file into your system, the other way is you can take the screenshot of the screen which will save your time.
Way 1: capturing the screenshot using the keyboard
The first way to capture a screenshot in the Acer computer system is by using multiple keys of your keyboard. To capture a screenshot using the keyboard, below mentioned step should be followed.
- Firstly the screen which you want to capture should be an active screen on your system.
- Window + PrtSc keys of your keyboard should be pressed simultaneously, which will take the screenshot of your screen.
- After you have simultaneously press the above-mentioned keys, the screenshot will be automatically saved in your computer system.
- Visit link C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots to view the captured screenshot.
Advantage – the biggest advantage of using this method to capture the screenshot is convenient and there is no need to install any third-party software
Disadvantage – The disadvantage of using a keyboard for taking the screenshot is it will only take the full screenshot of the screen.
Way 2: Capturing screenshot with the help of paint
To capture the screenshot of the Asus screen using paints application following steps should be followed.
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type paint.
- After that, you will be able to view the paint application, click on it.
- Once the paint application is launched, open the screen in which you are willing to take a screenshot and press the PrtSc key.
- After that open the paint application and click on paste.
- Once the captured screen is pasted on the paint application, you can use the features like crop or resize to edit the captured screenshot.
- Once you have successfully added the captured screenshot in the Acer screen, click on File and select save.
- Browse the folder which wants to save the screenshot and click on ok
Way 3: Capturing screenshot with the help of snipping tool
There is an inbuilt feature of the snipping tool present in the computer system which can be used to take the screenshot of the active screen.
To use the snipping tool following steps should be followed.
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type snipping
- Users will be able to view the snipping tool application, click on it.
- In the snipping tool windows that open up, click on the new button.
- Open the page which you want to capture and hover the mouse over the area in which you want to take the screenshot.
- Click on the save button present in the snipping tool.
- Browse the folder where you want to save the screenshot and click on OK.
Way 4: Capturing screenshot with the help of screen recorder
If you don’t want to capture the screenshot with the help of inbuilt applications like paint or sleeping tools, there are third-party applications like Snagit which can help you in taking the screenshot of a screen.
To use the Snagit application, the following steps should be followed.
- Firstly you need to download and install the Snagit application in the computer system.
- Launch the Snagit application and click on capture.
- With the help of your mouse, select the area of the screen which you want to capture.
- Once the area is selected, you may need to click on the camera icon to save the captured screen in the computer system.
- After that browse the folder where you want to save the screenshot and click on ok.
Final Verdict for capturing a screenshot on Acer laptop
Taking a screenshot and send it to the other person like friends, the colleague is a very common habit in everyone’s life.
In this article, we have listed various ways to capture the screenshot and edit the captured screen on the Acer laptop.
Some of the applications we have discussed in this article are paint applications, snipping tool, Snagit application, etc. which are very helpful in capturing the screen in Acer computer system or laptop.
Do let us know in the comment section provided below which of the above steps helped you the most in capturing the screenshot while using the Acer computer system.
Also, let us know if you are still facing the issue of capturing the screenshot in the Acer computer system!