Your PC can never be wholly protected from malware. There is a necessity of an anti-malware application that can catch those infected files and remove them.
One of the most severe threats to computers is a malware called PUPs. These files can accidentally install toolbars in several other ways, run adware, and damage your computer.
Looks Scary, don’t worry! We will resolve your every concern in this significant guide that covers everything you need to know about PUP.Optional.
What is PUP.Optional?
PUP positions for Potentially Unwanted Programs, they are mostly genuine or semi-legal applications.
They may even have some suitable factors, but due to certain irritating and hostile factors such as hostile ad generation and illegal systems and browsers, Alterations to the settings are considered objectionable.
If your anti-virus / anti-malware tool notifies you of the existence of the application on your PC by displaying you a message detected by “PUP Optional”, it typically means there is a slight fault but maybe not at all hazardous on your PC Software, it is suggested that you catch and eliminate.
Anti-malware programs use the term PUP.Optional to identify such applications before eliminating them. Following are some relevant illustrations –
Most often, your PC is infected with the PUP.Optional.ASK file. So, it is significant to know about the PUP.Optional.ASK file
PUP.Optional.ASK file is a browser extension that involuntarily installs partner application. It opens up a new taskbar and ruins the smooth, ad-free and pop-up-free surfing experience.
Now, eliminating any PUP.Optional file is not that difficult task. There are numerous ways to do this. One can choose from a variety of online tools and anti-malware applications to eradicate PUP.
Instead, you can do it yourself using the Windows Control Panel.
Can we expect some Possible Dangers with PUP.Optional?
Sometimes, especially today, it is difficult to tell where the boundary between viruses and PUPs or between PUPs and legitimate software is.
There are numerous altered views on this matter, and it is not difficult for a user to say that a program that is a horrible virus will become highly valued and admired by others.
However, although this is usually a perception issue, you should still be conscious of the over-all dangers that may be triggered by possibly unwanted programs such as PUP Optional on your PC.
If one owns this application, one may be exposed to diverse ads, and page readdresses in your browser, as most PUPs cause this.
In addition to being extremely irksome, this advertising campaign can also take you to particular dark websites and pages, which can uncover your PC to actual serious malware threats-Rootkit, spyware, ransomware, worms, and many other threats.
That’s why the most elegant method is to find and remove PUP Optional from one’s PC, and then guarantee that there is no such installation of any such software on one’s PC by evading unclear new software download bases and not interrelating with coarse online content.
How to remove PUP.Optional File Using the Control Panel available in Windows?
- Step 1 – Navigate to Start.
- Step 2 – From the program list, click Control Panel Programs. For Windows 10, type Control Panel in the search box, press Enter and get on the Control Panel program from the search outcomes
- Step 3 – In the Control Panel window, select Programs and click on the Uninstall Program link underneath it
- Step 4 – Search for “PUP.Optional” from the pane of installed programs
- Step 5 – Pick these applications, right-click on them and click on Uninstall.
After removing them one after another, Reboot your PC. Remove the PUP. Optional malware in the Windows Control Panel does not upset the browser plug-in configuration.
Hence, this is the simple technique to uninstall PUP from your PC.
Top 3 Best Anti-Malware Software and Online Tools to Remove PUP.Optional Files [Recommended]
The AdwCleaner software will scan through the PC and web browser for PUP.Optional malicious files, browser extensions, and registry entries that may have been installed on the PC without any prior intimation
Download theAdwCleaner application from the AdwCleaner website.
Before opening AdwCleaner, it is essential to close all running programs and web browsers, proceed further by entering the AdwCleaner application.
1. Grant permission for AdwCleaner to execute the application in your PC.
2. When the AdwCleaner application will open, Select the Scan Option
3. AdwCleaner will now start to hunt for the PUP.Optional malicious files that may be installed on your PC.
4. To eradicate the PUP.Optional malicious files that were discovered earlier Select the Clean button.
AdwCleaner will now instigate user to save whichever running applications or documents, as the software will require a restart of the PC. Restart the PC by clicking on the OK Button present in the dialog box.
2. Malwarebytes LABS
Malware bytes can identify and eradicate PUPs without additional user interface.
1. Download Malwarebytes to your PC.
2. Double-click MBSetup.exe and follow the instructions needed in installation.
3. After Windows’ Malware Bytes installation is finished, the application will open the Homepage of Malware Bytes application.
4. Click on the Get Started button.
5. Run a scan to observe any malicious malware.
6. Select Quarantine to remove the established threats.
7. After finishing up with the elimination procedure, Restart the PC.
SpyHunter is an online tool that can identify malware through a quick scan. This tool instantly eradicates malware and then executes vulnerability detection.
One can use SpyHunter to scan their PC usually and see the outcomes of improved multi-slice scanning.
The SpyHunter tool keeps you alert of all threats. One can also get personalized support from Spyware Customer Service Desk.
Note: SpyHunter’s scanner is only used for malware discovery. If SpyHunter identifies malware on the PC, it is, therefore, necessary to purchase SpyHunter’s malware removal tool to eradicate malware threats.
One can also read more about the SpyHunter malware detection tool on their website.
The Free trial version of the SpyHunter will allow the user access to a one-time scan and an analysis report is generated by the tool in 48 hours which describes the possible malware threats and how that can be removed.