Are you tired of reading numerous delicate articles regarding how to fix the error of One or more network protocols that are missing on this computer on the internet?
If yes, then don’t worry! We will resolve your every query in this noteworthy guide that covers everything you need to know about what steps do you need to take when stuck with the issue of one or more network protocols that are missing on this computer.
Stay with us till the end of the article to get the easiest, time-saving, and effective fixes for this particular malfunction.
First, let us understand…
The Causes Behind This Error
The primary issue where any one or number of the network protocols are missing in the Windows operating system can be accredited to the faults in the DNS server, the configuration of the registry, or even the router.
This can also be inferred in the form as the entries of the network registry are misplaced.
One can also find these kinds of error when the entries of the windows sockets are missing or are not working in the proper form (Winsock and Winsock 2 subways).
Both the incoming and outgoing network requests of the windows operating system are managed by windows sockets.
So, it is quite obvious to say that the network won’t function efficiently if the system is not able to comprehend the network request.
One of the best ways to avoid this scenario is to run the Windows 10 network diagnostic troubleshooter, which will help you in getting the network systems back on track and functioning with full efficiency again.
5 Fixes for solving Network Protocol Missing Issue
Many solutions for solving the problem of One or more network protocols are missing on this computer are available on the internet.
After hours of brainstorming and research, we have come up with the best, most efficient, and time-saving solutions for our users. The fixes are as follows:
Fix 1 – Disabling, Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Antivirus software
The most primary and universal solution for this particular error is to disable the antivirus software of the computer and then uninstalling the software.
After that, restarting the computer and then again installing back the antivirus software. The steps to do the same are as follows:
- Press the combination of windows and R key.
- This will open the run dialogue box where you have to type in appwiz.cpl command. After this, proceed forward by clicking on OK.
- Now, right-click on the file which has the name of the antivirus software on it. Select the option which says uninstall on it.
- After uninstalling, restart your device and check whether the problem has been resolved or not.
Fix 2 – Repairing and Restoring the Missing Protocol Files
Many programs have the unique feature of repairing the windows. One such program is the Reimage Plus Program.
The program has the unique ability to detect and diagnose errors or the corrupted files which are prevalent in the operating system and also repairs all these issues from the vast database it has, which is full of solutions for such issues and bugs.
Fix 3 – Resetting the Winsock
Another method for solving this particular issue is Resetting the Winsock itself.
This sometimes happens that the Winsock itself gets corrupted and needs to be resettled.
The simple steps to do the same are as follows:
- Hit the Windows key and then enter cmd in the search box which appears.
- Select the Run as administrator option by right-clicking on the Command prompt text.
- Now, you will see that the elevated command prompt window has opened. Here, type in the following command: netsh winsock reset
- After typing the command, press the enter key and then restart your device.
- You will see that the issue has been resolved.
Fix 4 – Try to Disable the Proxy
Another easy and efficient way of tackling the issue of One or more network protocols are missing on this computer is trying to disable the proxy.
The simple and efficient steps to disable the proxy are as follows:
- Go to the settings of the device.
- Then select the Network and Internet option by clicking on it.
- Then hit the icon which says Proxy.
- Now, look for the option which says Manual Proxy Settings. Click on the toggle button to turn the proxy off.
By following the above steps, the user will be able to resolve the issue of the missing network protocols and can get back on track to perform his daily tasks with more efficiency than before.
Fix 5 – Changing the internet wireless mode of Internet’s Router to 802.11g mode
If, as a user, you are facing the issue of one or more network protocols are missing on this computer, you can try changing the internet wireless mode of the router which you are using to 802.11g.
By default, the internet router is set at 802.11b/g/n. And there are high chances that if you change this and set the router at 802.11g, the issue will get resolved.
The steps to do the same are as follows:
- Open the router’s settings and log in to it.
- Now, start searching throughout the router different phrases like wireless mode, mode, or 11 modes.
- Once you have located the wireless mode, find the dropdown menu, which has the list of various wireless mode options.
- Now, select the wireless mode, which is the most suitable and then chooses the option which is router specific.
It is imperative to understand that the steps mentioned above are the most common solutions for the problem when the user encounters the issue of One or more network protocols are missing on their computer.
That’s not all! If nothing works, we recommend that you try to contact the customer support service provider in your area or any computer engineer who has the technical know-how and expertise regarding this subject matter.
They will have the resources and solutions which are required to fix your issue. If this issue is resolved, it can also optimize the system for better performance.
We hope that by following the steps which are provided above in this article, your problem will be solved in quick succession J