Music is something that has the magical power to calm down not only human beings but also animals.
With the increasing amount of competition and work pressure, people nowadays are taking the help of music to get relaxation and to relieve stress from their mind and body.
But they do not have the time to download the music and to save if offline. The majority of the people like to hear music on the go, that is, while they are travelling on the buses and metros for going home or office.
Apart from that, when people are working on their desktops and laptops, whether they be in their homes or offices, they want to listen to light music using their headphones or earphones.
For such requirements, the windows operating system comes with the Groove music app in the various version of the windows, whether it be 7, 8 or Windows 10.
In this article, we would be covering the technical know-how of the groove music app in the windows 10 and also some easy and time-saving ways of uninstalling the app.
What is the Groove Music Application?
The Groove music application is an app that has the function of playing the music on the desktop or laptops in the Windows versions 8, 8.1 and 10.
It was very popular with the name of Xbox music in the initial days.
The groove database has more than 50 million songs from a different language that the users can enjoy.
Later in the early 2010s, the android version and the ios version of the groove app were launched but were discontinued in the year 2018.
But, sometimes this particular application comes inbuilt, and the user does not want to use it as he has downloaded or installed another application to listen to the music.
Thus, people look for various ways to install groove music apps in windows 10 and also in different other versions of windows.
The internet is full of methods and videos which explain the process of uninstalling the groove music app from the Windows versions.
In this article, we bring you the best and the easiest ways to solve the problem of how to uninstall groove music apps by explaining the same using two simple, efficient and time-saving methods.
Uninstalling Groove Music Application
People all around the globe, whether be of any age group, residing in any country or continent, they all are united by one conventional means, which is the music.
Music acts as a binder between these ethnically different people.
People, when trying to open the music file, which is mostly in the MP3 format, double click on it and the file, instead of opening in the windows media player, gets open in the groove music application.
The default music player application for the Windows versions is the groove music application. But sometimes it happens that the people are not willing to use this default app for playing the music.
As every item in this present world is available according to the customization of the person, so does the music apps.
Thus, to avoid this problem of the music file opening in the default groove music application in windows 10, people are looking for easy ways to uninstall the application from the computer or the laptop or any other device which they are using.
The following are the two best methods that can be followed to remove the groove app from your windows device.
Uninstalling Using PowerShell
The best way to remove or uninstall the groove app from your windows device is by using the PowerShell. The steps to do the same are as follows:
- The first step is to check whether the groove music app is still running in the computer. If it is so, then close the app and then refresh the computer twice or thrice.
- Now click on the start menu present at the bottom left-hand corner.
- Type in the command Windows PowerShell in the search box.
- Now, access the PowerShell using the admin rights and then right-click on it to select the run as administrator option.
- Now, the PowerShell prompt will open. Here, type the command Get-AppxPackage-AllUsers
- After typing the above command, press the enter key.
- Now, search for Zune music.
- Now, you will see the package full name of Zune music. Copy the same.
- Now, you have to enter the following command to remove the groove music application altogether.
- Now, after entering the above command, press the enter key to finish the process.
After following the above-given steps, you will see that the groove music app, which was the default music playing app in the windows operated device, has now been removed.
Groove Music App Uninstall Using Cc Cleaner
The groove music app present in the windows 10 version can be easily removed using the cc cleaner. The steps to do the same are as follows:
- The user first needs to download the latest version of the cc cleaner available on the authentic sources on the internet.
- After downloading the latest version, install it in the device. If this app is already present in the user’s device, then step number 1 and 2 can be ignored.
- Now, launch the cc cleaner application.
- Now, go to the tools menu. Here you will see the names of all the apps which are installed.
- Now, right-click on the groove music app and then click on the uninstall option.
- A confirmation prompt will appear. Hit the okay icon to start the uninstalling process.
- The uninstall will be complete, and the groove music app will be removed from the device.
Thus, by following the above two simple, efficient and time-saving steps, the user can remove the groove music app from his or her device.
The groove music app is a piece of default music playing app which comes in the different versions of the windows.
This guide is helpful for those people who are looking for ways to uninstall the groove music app from windows 10 to install a new app for playing mp3 music files.