Are you tired of reading numerous and complicated solutions for resolving the problem of Fortnite voice chat not working for PC on the internet?
If yes, then don’t worry! We will resolve your every query in this noteworthy guide that covers everything you need to know about what to do when you get in trouble because of the improper working of the Fortnite voice chat feature.
Stay with us till the end of the article to get the easiest, time-saving, and useful fixes for this particular malfunction.
Let us first know about it…
Fortnite is an outstanding up-to-date MMO gaming involvement. The best part of the game is that it offers continuous voice chat features that assist you in living talk to your gaming allies while you are playing the game.
This feature evokes a sense of involvement within the clan, which results in making the overall experience wholesome, and more addiction chances tend to prevail.
The game has a variety of mods and features which are likely to be supported by all kinds of devices like mobile phones, personal computers, desktops, tablets, etc.
It also involves the cross-platform, which enables gamers to play with your ally, who is sitting in some other country.
Thus, this feature helps in bring the global users closer to each other via the use of technology and evokes a sense of oneness in their minds.
But where substantial features are involved, glitches will follow and cannot be avoided. So, many users on the global level are facing a common hindrance where the players are not able to avail of the function of voice chat due to the malfunctioning of the mic.
Thus, after hours of research and brainstorming, we have tried to bring you the best, simple, and most time-saving methods that can fix the error of Fortnite voice chat not working for PC.
Mic Malfunction in Fortnite
There are ample reasons behind the improper working of the Fortnite mic feature. There is quite a possibility that the operating system of the device which you are using is corrupted and is not supporting the same feature.
Also, the bug may be present in the device itself, which is hampering the same or the settings, and the gaming configuration is not updated or in compliance with the game requirement.
The most common causes which the users face globally are listed below:
- There are chances that the game is not rendered correctly, and bugs are present in the program itself.
- The audio features and settings of the game itself are not configured correctly.
- The game file is very old and needs to be updated.
- The settings of the audio driver in the windows might have some issues.
- There is a high possibility that the audio driver itself is not updated and has some bugs.
The above mentioned are the most prevalent issues which are faced globally by the gamers and spoil the experience.
Now, we will have a look at the simple, time saving and most effective solutions for fixing the Fortnite voice chat not working problem.
Solution 1 – Try to restart the Audio Service of the Window (Most typical)
Majority of the technical problems which the user face in different types of devices can be solved by the mere simple restart of that particular device. The steps to do the same are as follows:
- Open the Run Dialogue box by the combination of Windows key + R key.
- Type services.msc and then hit the proceed button.
- After this, type windows audio and then press the right click on it to select the restart option.
- After doing this, end the window.
After completing the above steps, close the Fortnite application and restart everything. We hope that this process would have resolved your problem.
Solution 2 – Look if Windows has come up with an update
It is quite a possibility that the windows itself would have launched an update, and your systems’ previous window version is not supporting the same.
So, you have to update the window which can be done by the following easy steps:
- Press the Windows key and then enter updates in the provided search bar.
- Now, an option will appear which says check for updates. Select that particular option.
- After selecting the option, install all the pending and required updates that are available using a stable internet connection.
Solution 3 – Updating the game itself
One of the solution to this particular problem can be updating the version of the game itself. Fortnite comes up with different types of fixes and updates regularly, which the user needs to handle and implement in their devices using a stable internet connection for getting hassle-free gaming experience.
Solution 4 – Try to reinstall the game
This is a solution that is only recommended when the above remedies are not working and have failed to prove their worth for you.
This solution is a little complex and time-consuming.
The steps to perform the same are as follows:
- Open the control panel by typing the same after pressing the Windows key.
- After this, select the uninstall program icon.
- Type the name Fortnite and uninstall the same by clicking on it.
Once the program has been uninstalled, reinstall the Fortnite game using the Epic games launcher.
Solution 5 – Factory Settings Restore in the PC
When all the above-discussed methods have failed for you, then the only option which is left is choosing the factory settings to restore option in the PC. This will remove all the updates which you have done in the PC up till now and make your PC just the same as it was when you had received it.
The steps are as follows:
- Types the combination of windows plus L key.
- Choose the update and security option.
- From the reset, this PC option chose the get started icon.
- Your PC will start the resetting process, which will consume little time.
It is essential to understand that the ultimate goal of this article is to provide the users’ knowledge about what they can do when they face the problem of Fortnite voice chats not working in PC.
The above-provided solutions will not only solve this particular problem but will also optimize the speed and the functioning of your device, which will further add to the improvement of the hassle-free gaming experience.