Most of the users prefer to use Windows for their daily work as there are lots of inbuilt processes like RunDLL32 that runs in the background while someone is working on it.
But at the same time, there are various disadvantages of so many processes running in the background as it may affect the productivity of the user.
The high CPU usage by the RunDLL32 process will also make the system slow in functioning.
This article provides you with the details regarding how to fix high disk usage by Run DLL32 (Windows host process) in the Windows 10 operating system.
But before looking forward to the ways to fix this issue, it is important to understand the reasons behind the occurrence of this issue in the Windows 10 operating system.
What do you understand by RunDLL32?
RunDLL32.exe is a file that runs in the background and it helps in launching or running any application in Windows 10 operating system.
RunDLL32 is a windows host process which stores data regarding applications. Such data can be used by any application before launching in the windows.
4 Fixes to resolve RunDLL32 high CPU usage error (100% working)
As we have already understood in detail about the RunDLL32 windows host process, it is also important for users to understand the ways to fix this problem in windows 10 operating systems.
Some of the solutions to fix this error are provided below in these articles.
Fix 1: Disable the process that runs RunDLL32
Before looking for ways in order to fix this issue of high CPU usage by RunDLL32, it is important to understand how many processes in the system are running Run DLL32 file.
In order to fix this issue below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Firstly in the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type process explorer.
- Once the process explorer application is visible, click on it to open the application.
- Once the process explorer Windows opens up, click on the file button which is present at the top of the window
- Out of the list that opens up select “show details for all processes”.
- Once the list of all the processes of the system is visible, search for the RunDLL32 process and right-click on it using the mouse.
- After right-clicking on the RunDLL32 process, click on properties.
- Once the properties Windows opens up, select the image tab.
- In the image tab, the user will be able to identify all the processes which are running RunDLL32.exe file in the system.
To disable such a process, below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Press Windows + r key using the keyboard to open run dialogue box.
- Once the run window opens up, type “services.msc” and click on enter.
- Once the service window opens up, search for the process which you have identified earlier and right-click on it using a mouse.
- After right-clicking, select disable.
- Click on apply in order to make necessary changes in the system
- After following all the above instructions restart the system.
Fix 2: File name aeinv.dll should be changed
Below mentioned steps should be followed if you want to change the name of the file.
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type file explorer and open the application.
- Once the file explorer window opens up, visit the C drive of the system.
- Open system32 folder present under the Windows folder of the C drive.
- Type aeinv.dll and search for it in the system32 folder.
- Once you are able to view the file, right-click on it using the mouse.
- After right-clicking select the rename option.
- File name aeinv.dll should be renamed to oldaeinv.dll
Fix 3: Task Scheduler should be disabled
The high CPU usage by the RunDLL32.exe file can be resolved by disabling the task scheduler of the system.
In order to disable the task scheduler below mentioned step should be followed.
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type control panel.
- Once you are able to see the control panel application click on it to open.
- In the Control panel window, select administrative tools.
- Under administrative tool, search for task scheduler and click on it using a mouse.
- Once the task scheduler window pops up go to “customer experience improvement” under the task scheduler Library.
- Under the customer experience improvement program, expand the selected item and click on properties.
- In the edit trigger window that opens up, untick the checkbox present next to the enabled option.
- After following the above instructions, right-click using the mouse on the consolidator and select the disable option.
After making all the necessary changes click on ok and restart the system.
Fix 4: Google app engine should be removed from the system
The issue of high CPU usage by the RunDLL32 process may occur if there are multiple Google applications running on the system. In such a situation, the google app engine makes your system slow by consuming high disk memory.
In order to remove the Google app engine from Windows 10 operating system below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Type Windows + R keys using the keyboard in order to launch a run window.
- Once the run command window opens up, type Control Panel in the edit box and click on enter.
- In the control panel window, open programs.
- Out of all the options available in the programs click on “uninstall a program”.
- You will be able to see the list of all the applications installed in the system. Search for the Google app engine.
- Once you are able to locate the Google app engine, right-click on it using the mouse of the system
- Click on uninstall.
- You need to follow the onscreen instructions in order to uninstall the application successfully from the system.
Once the application is uninstalled, restart the system in order to save the changes.
Final Verdict for Windows host process RunDLL32 high CPU usage error
Whenever the user encounters any issue of high CPU usage by RunDLL.exe file in the system, it makes the system slow in processing. It hampers the experience of using a computer and the user may feel disappointed.
In this article, we have provided 4 fixes in order to resolve this issue in Windows 10 operating system.
Kindly let us know in the comment section if you find these articles relevant for you.
Also, let us know if you have some other issue that is similar to the issue discussed in this article!