Sometimes, after connecting the internet via Wi-Fi or LAN cable when you open Google Chrome or Google Search Engine, you may have encountered the error names as “ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED”.
Before going forward, first let’s try to understand the issue or the error. It is very easy to understand that the error signifies that the web browser is not able to connect to the sites
You may be wondering that even though your internet is connected, what the reason behind the occurrence of such errors is. You need to understand the ways to resolve such errors if you are encountering such errors regularly.
Sometimes we assume that the occurrence of such errors is only due to a weak internet connection. But, the reality is this error of ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED may occur due to some problems in network settings or due to some cookies.
We are providing you with the best 6 solutions that can help you in fixing this error very quickly.
Solution 1: Delete cookies
There is one thing that you should be careful about before following the below-mentioned steps is that these steps will permanently delete all your browsing data.
- Click on google chrome icon. Once google chrome opens, go to settings and click on Browsing data.
- After that, select the items that you want to delete from the browsing data.
- Select the checkboxes for browsing history, cookies and other site data and cached images and files.
- After selecting all the checkboxes, click on clear data button present at the bottom right corner of the google chrome.
After clearing the cookies and cached data, it may be possible that error which you are facing can be resolved.
Solution 2: Scan your system using Antivirus software
It may be possible that the error of ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED which you are facing may be due to antivirus software in your system.
You can try resolving this issue by uninstalling the antivirus software installed in your system. Once the software is uninstalled, restart the system once. After the restart, try opening google chrome or google search engine and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Change settings of your LAN
This issue of google chrome can be resolved by changing the LAN settings. Below mentioned steps need to be followed to change such settings.
- Open Internet Options present in the control panel of your device.
- Once the Internet Options window popped up, click on the Connections tab.
- Underneath the networks option, click on LAN settings.
In the Local Area Network (LAN) settings window, you will be able to see two checkboxes named “Automatically detect settings” and “Use automatic configuration script”.
Unselect both the checkboxes.
Click on OK button and changes will be saved.
Once all the above steps are followed, the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error will be resolved permanently.
Solution 4: Change settings of your Network
Even after trying out all the above solutions, you are still facing the error of ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED in yours google chrome browser, you need to change the network settings in your system, and you can also flush DNS to solve this error.
To change the network settings, the following steps should be followed
- Search for the command prompt in search panel present at left bottom corner of your system.
- Right-click on Command Prompt app and click on Run as Administrator.
- After clicking on Run as Administrator, command prompt window will pop up.
- In the command prompt window, enter ipconfig / release and click on enter.
- After writing the above command, enter ipconfig / all.
- Then write ipconfig / flushdns and click on enter.
- After executing above commands, enter the command ipconfig / renew.
- In the end, execute below mentioned two commands one after other.
- int ip set dns
- winsock reset
After doing all the above steps, you have successfully changed the network settings of your system.
Restart your system after changing the network setting and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: IP address needs to be checked
After resetting the settings of Wi-Fi router, it is essential to check the IP address of the router. To check the IP address, below mentioned steps need to be followed.
- Enter npca.cpl in the window that popped up after entering Win + R.
- Once the Network connection window popped up, click on Ethernet and click n properties.
- After clicking on properties, internet protocol version properties window will pop out.
- Navigate to the properties window
- Choose the radio button in front of “Obtain an IP address automatically.”
- Next, you will quickly “Obtain DNS server address automatically”.
After the obtaining IP and DNS address automatically, you need to recheck the addresses for the router.
Solution 6: Confirm if the internet is connected
Before following any of the above steps, confirm if the internet connection is active. In case the internet is not connected due to any reason. Then there is no need to follow any of the above steps because the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error may be occurring due to no internet connection.
To check the internet connection problem, make sure your modem is working correctly, and the internet service provider is providing their services regularly.
Sometimes, the error names ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED is not due to the google chrome issue but due to no internet connection.
Check that the configuration of the internet router is done correctly and also check for the stability of the internet connection.
You can also try connecting your internet connection to some other devices and check if the internet is functioning correctly.
You can also restart your router and check if the issue is resolved.
We have provided a helpful guide to resolve ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNEDTED error in google chrome so that you can have a great browsing experience. If you have something new to share or any feeling or experience, then also feel free to explain it to us so that we can publish it on our portal.
Do let us know in the comment section below that which of the above 6 solutions worked for you!