There are various web browsers available in the market, but Google Chrome is the most famous web browser that is preferred by most of the users.
Though it works fine in the older version of windows operating system sometimes when the user updates their computer system to windows 10 operating system, they may encounter and error message saying
“Aw, Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, press reloads to go to another page”.
If you have also encountered a similar issue after updating the windows 10 operating system this article will help you in fixing this issue.
7 Fixes to resolve to google chrome crashing issue in Windows 10 operating system (100% working)
Fix 1: Use 32 bit Google chrome application
Sometimes the user encounters this problem of Google Chrome crashing with 62 bit Google Chrome version. Therefore, it is always recommended in such a situation to switch to 32 bit Google Chrome to resolve this issue.
To switch to 32 bit Google Chrome in your computer system, you may need to uninstall the 64-bit version and install the 32-bit version in the system.
To do the needful the following steps should be followed.
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type control panel and click on control panel application.
- In the control, the panel window click on programs and features
- After clicking on programs and features in the new window that pops up, right-click on Google Chrome and select uninstall.
- Once you click on the uninstall button, a 64-bit version of Google Chrome will be removed from the system.
- After uninstalling the 64-bit version, download the 32 bits Google Chrome and install it in the computer system after following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Fix 2: Google chrome should be placed in no-sandbox state
Sometimes the user may encounter that Google Chrome is crashing in windows 10 operating system due to the sandbox feature.
Therefore in such a situation, it is recommended to disable this sandbox feature in windows 10 operating system to resolve the issue of Google Chrome crashing.
- Search for Google Chrome icon present on the desktop and right-click on it using the mouse.
- Click on properties.
- Once properties windows popup, click on target which is present under the shortcut tab.
- In the edit box present next to the target option at the end of the text, type “-no-sandbox”.
- Click on the apply button to save the changes in the computer system
Fix 3: Close all tabs
Sometimes when you work on multiple tabs simultaneously, it makes Chrome heavy which results in the crashing of Google Chrome in the Windows 10 operating system.
Therefore in such a situation, it is recommended to close all the tabs which are not required at that moment so that you can work smoothly on Google Chrome.
After closing all the unnecessary tabs in Google Chrome, restart Google Chrome application and verify if the issue of crashing has been resolved or not
Fix 4: Drivers should be updated
Even after trying all the above three fixes if the issue persists, then to resolve the issue of Google Chrome crashing in windows 10 operating system you can try updating all the drivers of windows 10.
To search for the latest versions of all the software installed in the system you may need to visit the website and install the latest version of the drivers.
Fix 5: Remove faulty applications
If you are encountering Google Chrome crashing issue just after you install some new application in the system, there may be chances that the news application all installed is not compatible with the Windows 10 operating system.
To remove all incompatible applications following steps should be followed.
- Open Google Chrome application and type the URL “chrome: //conflicts.”
- Click on setting icon and in the settings page select advance tab.
- Under the advanced option, click on the update or remove the incompatible application.
- You will be able to see all the applications that are incompatible with windows 10 operating systems.
- Click on remove button present next to the application you have installed just now and verify if the issue of Google Chrome crashing is resolved or not
Fix 6: Computer system should be scanned properly
Sometimes there are some malicious files or viruses present in the system which is the prime reason for Google Chrome crashing issue in windows 10 operating system.
Therefore to resolve this issue and keeping the smooth functioning of Google Chrome, it is highly advisable to scan the computer system daily using any of the antivirus software available in the market.
After scanning the system using anti-virus software, if you have discovered any malware files then you should follow the instructions to remove search files from the system
Once the complete scanning process of the anti-virus software is done, restart the system and verify if the issue of Google Chrome crashing has been resolved or not.
Fix 7: System file checker should be used
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen, type CMD and click on command prompt application.
- Right-click on command prompt application and click on run as administrator.
- Once the command prompt window opens up type “SFC/scan now” and click on enter to execute the command.
- Once the command is executed it will resolve the issue of Google Chrome crashing automatically
Final Verdict for Google Chrome crashing in Windows 10 Operating System Error
Google Chrome is an application which is most preferable by the user and it is made as a default browser for most of the computer system.
Therefore whenever the user faces any issue of Google Chrome crashing, it makes them disappointed and they start looking for ways to resolve the issue
In this article, we have provided 7 fixes to resolve the issue of Google Chrome crashing in windows 10 operating system.
Kindly let us know in the comment section which of the above fixes helped you in resolving this issue!