Are you tired weeding through various articles available online about “PFN_LIST_CORRUPT” error?
If yes, then don’t worry! We will resolve your every query in this resounding guide that covers everything you need to know with four fixes for PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error.
FIRST, let us understand…
What is the PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error?
This error occurs mostly in Windows 10 operating system. Still, sometimes users also experience such errors in other operating systems as well, which may be due to some problems in the system.
This error is the reason behind the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD), and that leads to the major disappointment for the users.
If this issue is present in the computer system, there are chances that due to such errors, systems may not be functioning correctly. Hence, it is essential to fix such errors in the system.
Here we have an authoritative guide with all the latest tips and tricks to help you resolve such error without much difficulty.
But before looking for the solutions to resolve such issues, it is crucial to look for the reasons for the occurrence of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error.
Reasons for PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error
PFN list is used for searching files in the drive. There are various reasons for the occurrence of such errors. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- One of the reason maybe there are corrupt or malware files present in your system, which is possible if the antivirus software installed in the system is not functioning correctly.
- If window operating system is not updated to the latest version, users may encounter such errors in their systems.
- Sometimes, the hard drive becomes corrupt, which is the prime reason for such errors.
- Sometimes, if the drives are not updated, such errors like PFN_LIST_CORRUPT may occur.
After understanding all the reasons behind the occurrence of this error, users should understand the ways to get rid of the blue screen displaying in your system.
BSOD is used for collecting information regarding all the errors in the system. Based on the gathered data, BSOD reboots the system on its own.
Once the system is rebooted, it will restart the system.
Apart from this, there are some other solutions to fix PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error in your system.
Solve PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error (100% Working)
This new pop up error is very irritating, and therefore this guide will help you fix it with ease. BUT before that make sure that you read the article till the end to avoid any issues at a later stage of the process.
Fix 1: Troubleshoot the system
To fix the PFN List error, blue screen troubleshooter should be used. To troubleshoot the system, below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Click on Start button present on desktop and after that click on settings.
- In the setting window that popped up, click on Update & Security.
- In the Update & Security page, click on the troubleshoot button present in the left-hand side navigation panel.
- After that, click on “Run the troubleshooter”.
- After running the troubleshooter, it will try to identify the issues in the system. If the issue is identified, you will be able to see the Apply & Fix button.
- Click on Apply & Fix button.
- After troubleshooter fixes the error, restart your system.
Fix 2: Update drivers
If the issue is not resolved by troubleshooting the system, you can try fixing the error by updating the drivers installed in the system.
Sometimes, when you update all your drivers, this PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error resolved quickly.
To update the drivers, you need to go to the official website of the company whose laptop you are using.
After visiting the website, enter and model number and then update all the drives for that model number.
Fix 3: Scan the hard drive of your system
You may be able to resolve the error named “PFN_LIST_CORRUPT” error by scanning the hard drive of your system. To scan the hard drive below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Open the command prompt by typing cmd in the search bar and click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Type chkdsk/f in the command prompt window and click enter.
These steps will scan the hard drives and look for the errors. It will also resolve the errors automatically.
Fix 4: OneDrive should be disabled
If the OneDrive application is enabled in your system, there are the big chances that you may encounter PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error.
To fix this error, it is essential to disable OneDrive application in your system.
Below mentioned steps need to be followed to disable this application.
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc using the keyboard.
- Open startup tab in the task manager window popped up by pressing three keys of the keyboard.
- Right-click on the OneDrive application present in the list of applications present in startup tab.
- After right-clicking on the application, click on Disable
After disabling the application, you need to restart the system so that all the changes made can be saved.
Even after trying all the solutions mentioned above, the error of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT persists. You need to install the Windows again in your system.
Latest version of the operating system can be installed by visiting the official website of Microsoft.
Final Verdict for PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error
The hard drive is an essential component of a computer system having any version of Windows operating system.
So, every other user who is using laptop wants that there will be no issue regarding the hard drive of the system.
However, sometimes there might be sudden new bugs like PFN_LIST_CORRUPT errors that might irritate the users, and they want a resolution for such issues.
Therefore, we have provided a helpful guide to resolve such errors so that you can have a great experience and people can use their computer system without encountering any such issues and have a smooth hassle-free experience.
If you have something new to share or any feeling or experience, then also feel free to explain it to us so that we can publish it on our portal.
Do let us know in the comment section below that which of the above four fixes worked for you!