In the 21st century, the computer becomes an integral part of our life. It is making life easier for everyone whether it is browsing or doing any calculations quickly, playing games online or watching movies for entertainment.
Therefore, when the user faces any issue of the random shutdown of the computer, it disappoints them. If your computers also shut down randomly, then this article will provide you with the four fixes to resolve this issue.
But before looking forward to the solutions to this problem, let’s try to understand what is the reason behind the random shutdown of computers in the Windows 10 operating system.
Reasons behind computer shut down randomly
There may be various reasons which may lead to the problem of the random shutdown of computers in the Windows 10 operating system. Some of the prime reasons are mentioned below.
- Nowadays laptops have fans installed at the side of the laptop which helps in cooling down the heat of CPU.
When user plays games which have high graphics like burnout Paradise it makes system heated which may lead to the sudden shutdown.
- Random shutdown of computers may be due to any new hardware-software which you might have installed in the system recently.
You can resolve this issue by uninstalling that software from the system and check if the issue is resolved or not
- Sometimes, the presence of any virus, malware files or corrupted files in the system may lead to the abnormal behaviour of the computers like computer shut down randomly.
- If you have recently updated the drivers of your system, it may be the reason for the random shutdown of computers. You need to uninstall the drivers and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solve computer shutdown randomly issue (100% Working)
In today’s world, the computer plays an important role. Therefore, whenever there is an issue like this, it must be resolved as soon as possible.
To resolve the issue of random shutdown in the Windows 10 operating system, we have provided four fixes which are mentioned below.
Fix 1: Fast startup should be switched on
In Windows 10 operating system, there is a unique feature named “fast startup” which should be turned on to resolve this issue of the random shutdown.
To switch on the fast startup option below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Click on the start button present at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Open the control panel application.
- In the control panel window, click on power options and a new window will pop up.
- In the new window that Popped up, tick the checkbox which is present next to the option “turn on fast startup (recommended)”.Click on the Save changes button.
After following the steps mentioned above, verify if the issue of the random shutdown of the computer is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Drivers should be updated
Sometimes the issue of computer shutdown randomly can be resolved by just updating the drivers of graphics cards in the system.
To update the graphic card of the computer below mentioned steps should be followed.
- In the search box present at the bottom of the screen type device manager.
- You will be able to see an application named device manager. Click on it.
- In the device manager window search for the option named “display adaptors”.
- In the display, adaptor window right-clicks using the mouse on GPU to open the properties window.
- In the properties window, click on the Details tab.
- After clicking on the Details tab, you need to copy the hardware ID.
- After copying the hardware ID, visit the drivers’ tab to remove the driver from the system.
- Now paste the hardware ID which you have copied earlier and search for it.
- Download the latest version of the graphic card driver and install the driver into the system.
Once the latest version of the driver is installed, you need to restart the system so that the changes can be saved successfully.
Fix 3: Sleep mode of the system should be turned on
To turn on the sleep mode of the Windows 10 operating system, the following steps should be followed.
- Click on the start button present at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Click on settings and the settings window will pop up.
- In the settings window, click on the system.
- In the sleep option dropdown, select never.
All the steps mentioned above will help in resolving the issue of the random shutdown of computer in Windows 10 operating system.
Fix 4: Advanced power setting should be done properly
To do the proper changes in the advanced power settings of the Windows 10 operating system below mentioned steps should be followed.
- Right-click on the start button using the mouse which is present at the bottom of the screen.
- List of options will pop up, click on power settings.
- Once the power setting window opens up, select “change advanced power settings.”
- After selecting “change advanced power setting”, click on processor power management.
- Once the list expands below that value should be changed to 0 for the minimum processor rate
- Click on ok to save the changes.
Once all the steps mentioned above are correctly followed, verify if the issue of the random shutdown of the computer is resolved or not.
Final Verdict for the random shutdown of computer in windows 10
The importance of computers in everyone’s life is increasing day by day. Therefore, whenever there is an issue of the random shutdown. It makes the life of people worse.
When users face this issue, their first attempt is to look out for the way to resolve this issue.
Many ways can help in resolving the issue of the random shutdown of windows 10 operating system.
In this article, we have listed four fixes that are most effective so that users don’t face such issues again in their lifetime.
But still, if you have some other resolutions that you want to share for this issue, you can do so by writing the resolution in the comments section.
Also, let us know whether the fixes provided in these articles are helpful for you!