The internet has become an integral part of our lives. Without it, one cannot imagine surviving even one day.
As the number of internet users is increasing day by day, this has resulted in decreasing the speed of browsing and other such related issues during peak hours.
But this internet speed can be dropped due to many reasons.
Thus, we bring you this article about Netsvcs memory leak and high network usage, which will help in tackling the problem of internet speed in the windows operating system.
This issue is encountered by the users daily and can result in decreasing the speed and constraining the internet.
If a person can see the svchost.exe error in the process tab under the task manager, then the computer might be prone to the issue of high usage of the network.
For curing this issue, the user needs to know the executable file, which helps in preventing the memory leak and the problem of high usage of the network.
What is Netsvcs?
In the earlier version of the windows operating system, some services were developed by Microsoft, which helped in enabling the different attributes, abilities and the variety of functions of the operating system.
The codes which run the programming behind this issue are compiled in the dynamic link libraries. But the thing is, these DLL files are not executable by self.
Thus, for the smooth and hassle-free running of the files, the Netsvcs is required, which is a generic host process. It is present in the form of an executable filed named svchost.exe.
Is Netsvcs Issue a Virus?
The netsvcs is not a virus.
The reason behind why this process sucks up a lot of memory is that some other service is running this process which results in memory loss and high usage of the network.
But this case is always not correct.
For ensuring proper safety, one has to keep his device safe by installing a good anti-virus or windows cleaner, which helps in locating the malware and removes them.
As we know that different types of services can be responsible for the decrease in the speed of the internet, it should be kept in mind that the viruses or malware can also result in decreasing the speed of the internet.
3 Fixes for Netsvcs Issue
The internet is full of various fixes for the issue of Netsvcs. So we bring to you 4 easy and time-saving methods for tackling this issue of netsvcs. They are as follows:
- Disabling the BITS option
The first solution for the problem of netsvcs is disabling the BITS option by the use of ideal bandwidth.
BITS is an inbuilt program which is offered by windows. The full form of BITS is background intelligence transfer service.
The BITS helps in uploading or downloading any file from the internet server in the device.
The steps to do the same are as follows:
- Start the run dialogue box by pressing the combination of the Windows key and the R key from the keyboard.
- Type the command services.msc and then hit the OK button.
- The services window will open. Here, finds the option which says BITS.
- Disable the BITS by right-clicking on it and then selecting the stop option.
- After doing this, right-click on the BITS icon once again and then select the option which says properties.
- From the properties option, change the option to disabled.
- After completing the above step, hit the apply changes option and then press the OK button.
By performing the above steps, we hope that your problem with netsvcs would have been solved.
- Windows Update Trouble-shooter
Sometimes, by fixing the windows using the trouble-shooter option helps in resolving the issue of netsvcs. The steps to troubleshoot the problems are as follows:
- Click on the start menu present at the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on the icon which displays the name settings. It should be in the form of a gear symbol.
- Now, select the option which displays update and security option.
- Now, select the troubleshoot link which will further take you to another link.
- Now, select the windows update link which will help you to update your existing version of the windows.
- Now, select the option which says detect problems and then click on the apply changes option.
- Now, after doing all the above steps in the same specified order, restart your PC or device.
Now, you need to follow the exact steps which are mentioned above for solving the problem of Troubleshooting the internet connection.
We hope that this method will help you in tackling the issues related
to netsvcs or svchost.exe.
- Cleaning the Event Viewer Log
Another method of solving the issue of netsvcs is by cleaning the event viewer log. This can be done quickly by following the below steps in the same order:
- Open the run dialogue box by pressing the combination of the windows key and the R key.
- In the search box, type the command eventvwr. After typing the command hit the OK button.
- Now, the eventvwr window will open. Here, select the windows logs option.
- Expand the sub-items present in the windows log tab by clicking on them.
- Now select the application log by right-clicking on it.
- After this, select the clear log option.
- Now, the user needs to follow the same above mentioned steps, in the same order for the different processes of system log, security log, and the setup log.
- After performing all the steps mentioned above, restart your PC or the device to make the applied changes stored in the device.
After switching on the PC again, you will find that the issue of netsvcs has been resolved and the internet speed is back yet.
The issue of Netsvcs or svchost.exe is a common problem which the users face all around the world.
In this useful and influential guide, we have tried to provide three time-saving and straightforward fixes for the same.